"Cricket for Change has enabled me to make good friends, to experience things that I never thought possible; it has given me confidence in challenging life situations."
Our charity mission statement:
‘USING CRICKET TO CHANGE THE LIVES OF DISADVANTAGED YOUNG PEOPLE’
Our leading Aims are:
- to take our young people on a journey of self development using cricket and rugby
- to make our young people think about their future and especially about making themselves more employable and getting a job (we use our long term engagement programmes to help take the young people on this ‘journey’ towards employment)
We do the above so brilliantly because we:
- identify our development staff from our programmes and turn them into skilled, experienced and motivated role models and mentors
- set up specific programmes targeted at groups of young people who are disadvantaged or at risk (e.g. Hit the Top, the Refugee Cricket Project, the HMP ISIS programme, working in Pupil Referral Units as part of the DF Rugby for Change programme, Street Team, etc)
- mentor our young people to ensure they stay out of trouble, get the most from their education and eventually secure a good job
- make sure we monitor carefully the ‘social impact’ of what we do (this means the changes in young people’s behavior, attitudes, self confidence, etc and not just the sporting impact such as the number of matches and competitions)
- Use our expertise to train and capacity build partner organisations in London, the UK and overseas.
Watch these films and see what we are all about!