"We are writing to thank you for your help and support with Freddie. We have seen a vast improvement in Freddies' confidence and development since his time with you and he is excited about taking the work and skills learnt with you..Thank you so much for all of your help."
To transform the lives of disadvantaged young people
To use cricket to take young people facing disadvantage on a journey of personal development so as to unlock their potential
We work in tough places and take on challenges others will avoid
We aim to:
- make our young people think about their future through taking them on a positive journey towards making themselves more employable
- identify our Development Team from our programmes and turn them into skilled, experienced, motivated role models and mentors
- mentor our young people to ensure they stay out of trouble, get the most from their education and eventually secure a good employment
- make sure we monitor carefully the ‘social impact’ of what we do
- use our expertise to train and capacity build partner organisations in London, the UK and overseas.
We believe in creating an environment where disadvantaged young people feel safe and valued, where they can be shown how to make new choices and to think and act differently.
We have over 30 years of experience as Cricket for Change during which we have demonstrated in the UK and around the world that cricket can be more than just a sport. It can have a profound and lasting impact on young people who are suffering from fear, stigmatisation or prejudice. It can bring people together who mistrust each other. It can help create self belief in a young person with a disability who thinks more about what they can do rather than what they can’t do.
No matter what mechanism we use to engage with young people, our coaches and staff’s passion shines through – making a real difference and permanent positive change for those we support.
Watch these films and see what we are all about!